The African American Chamber of Commerce of San Antonio – Microgrant Program was developed to provide support funding for black-owned small business owners in order to help them continue to function when unexpected financial challenges threaten their daily operations.
The microgrant fund, which is funded through the generosity of various agencies, corporate entities, and individuals, is our collective way of contributing to the survival and success of small businesses: the primary drivers of the U.S. economy!
Please note: Application submission does not automatically mean a grant will be issued to your business. However, as more funding becomes available, we will consider your business if it meets the qualification criteria.
APPLYING FOR MICROGRANT FUNDING
Please read the following Q&A to increase your chances of receiving a AACCSA Microgrant.
#BlackBusinessMonth Application Open Date: Monday, August 9, 2021
#BlackBusinessMonth Application Close Date: 11:59pm Central on Friday, August, 21, 2021
Date that Awards will be Announced: Thursday, August 26, 2021
Entrepreneurs who own businesses that meet the following criteria may apply for funds:
- Be a member in good standing with AACCSA
- Have less than $250K in annual revenue (most recent tax year)
- Be certified as a African American Business Enterprise (AABE)
Note: Preference will be given to AABEs who can prove that they are registered to do business with the County of Bexar/City of San Antonio and operate primarily in the County of Bexar/San Antonio.
When developing the AACCSA Microgrant program, our goal was to make the application as simple as possible and to ensure that the requirements were attainable for small black-owned businesses. In light of this, applicants are required to submit the following (all through the online application portal):
• A brief online application
• Review of AABE certification letter (or proof thereof)
• Review of AACCSA membership status
Prior to receiving a AACCSA Microgrant, recipients must consent to the following conditions:
• Agreeing to the business owner’s name, picture or likeness being used in AACCSA reporting, publications and social media related to the grant award
• Not utilizing grant funds for any illegal activity
• Agreeing to respond to any audit requests pertaining to the use of grant funds